This lavender martini is a fun and colorful spin on a classic martini. Homemade honey lavender simple syrup brings color and flavor to a classic martini base.
This is an elegant drink and a great cocktail to serve on at a cocktail party or a dinner party.
When serving a martini, be sure to chill the martini glass. Fill the martini glass with ice whilst you make up the cocktail. Once the cocktail is ready, tip out the ice in the glass and pour in the martini. A refreshing cold martini is lovely in the hot summer months.
This delicious lavender martini recipe uses vodka as the base, though you can swap this for gin too.
Find the ingredient amounts written in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. Here is a rundown of what you will need.
- Honey lavender simple syrup. It's very easy to make your own Honey lavender simple syrup. Just make it ahead of time so it has time to cool. The purple color in the syrup comes from food color, though you could use butterfly pea flowers too.
- Gin or vodka
- Dry vermouth
- A sprig of lavender or culinary lavender buds for garnish.
- Fresh lemon juice - a little lemon is added to cut the sweetness.
- Ice cubes
See the recipe card for quantities.
- A cocktail shaker
- Martini glasses.
- Toothpicks to assemble the fresh raspberry garnish.
Assembling the martini
Before you begin this lavender cocktail recipe, make the honey lavender simple syrup first so it is cool before use. It's simply water, honey and sugar simmered in a small saucepan, then fresh or dried lavender is steeped in it. See the recipe for the homemade lavender syrup.
Fill a martini glass with ice to chill it.
In a cocktail shaker, combine a handful of ice, lemon juice, gin, and honey lavender syrup.
Shake the mixture for around 10 seconds.
Tip the ice out of the martini glass. Strain the mixed drink into the chilled martini glass.
Garnish the glass with a lavender sprig.
You can swap out the gin for vodka if you like, and add some extra or different flavors.
- Lemon syrup. Swap the honey lavender syrup for tangy lemon syrup.
- Add a sugared rim. The rim of the glass can be coated in sugar for a little something extra. Run a lemon or lime wedge along the edge of the glass, then dip the glass in a little plate of sugar. You could make a lavender sugar too, by rubbing lavender flowers into granulated sugar to release the lavender oil.
- 2 ½ oz (75ml) gin or vodka
- ½ oz (15ml) dry vermouth
- 1 oz (30ml) lavender honey syrup
- ½ oz lemon juice
- Fill a martini glass with ice to chill it.
- In a cocktail shaker combine a handful of ice, lemon juice, gin, and honey lavender syrup.
- Shake the mixture for around 10 seconds.
- Tip the ice out of the martini glass.
- Strain the mixed drink into the chilled martini glass.
- Garnish the glass with a lavender sprig.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 4gSugar: 18gProtein: 4g