This Aperol martini is a modern twist on a classic, offering a unique and slightly bitter flavor and a bright orange color. It's a beautiful summer cocktail.
A martini is an elegant cocktail that exudes sophistication and style and is traditionally composed of gin and vermouth. This twist on the classic has a combination of Aperol, gin, and vermouth.
Aperol is a slightly bitter liqueur so it brings a new depth of flavor and is fantastic on the taste buds.
Here's what you need for this aperol martini recipe. Find the amounts in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Dry Gin: A good quality gin like Bombay Sapphire or Grey Goose makes the base of this cocktail. The botanicals in gin add depth and complexity.
- Aperol: The key ingredient. The bitter orange flavor of Aperol brings an infusion of gentian root, cinchona bark, and a blend of herbs and roots, lending a distinctive, complex flavor. Thus bright-red bittersweet liqueur brings vibrant color.
- Dry Vermouth: A staple in any classic martini, dry vermouth enhances the gin's herbal notes.
- Ice cubes
- Orange peel: For garnish
- Martini glasses
- Cocktail shaker
Combine the gin, Aperol, and dry vermouth in a cocktail shaker.
Fill with lots of ice and shake until well chilled.
Pour into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish with an orange peel twist for that vibrant orange hue and citrus flavor.
More Aperol cocktails
Looking for another aperol cocktail? Try these
- 2 oz / 60ml London Dry Gin
- ½ oz / 15ml Aperol
- ½ oz / 15ml Dry Vermouth
- Twist of orange peel for garnish
- Combine the gin, Aperol, and dry vermouth in a cocktail shaker. Fill with lots of ice and shake until well chilled.
- Pour into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel twist
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g