An Aperol soda is a delicious and simple cocktail recipe for the summer months. It's a breeze to make, with a harmonious sweet-bitter balance. Perfect for aperitivo hour.
The Aperol Soda cocktail is a refreshing beverage boasting an exquisite sweet-bitter balance. The cocktail's bittersweet flavor comes from the combination of Aperol, known for its beautiful orange color and exclusive orange note, a hint of lime, and club soda.
Find the ingredient amounts for this Aperol cocktail written in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. Here is a rundown of what you will need.
- Aperol: The flavor of Aperol brings an infusion of gentian root, cinchona bark, and a blend of herbs and roots, lending a distinctive, complex flavor. It's got a fairly low alcohol content.
- Lime: Fresh lime juice balances and complements Aperol's bitter side, so there's not just the exclusive note of orange. You could use lemon juice too.
- Simple syrup: Just a dash of simple syrup provides a little extra sweetness
- Soda water: You could also use tonic water for extra bitterness.
Measure out the Aperol and simple syrup in an old-fashioned or large wine glass.
Squeeze in a wedge of lime and add it in. Use a cocktail stirrer to mash up the lime into the Aperol.
Fill the glass with plenty of ice. Top with soda water and give the cocktail a good stir.
Serve immediately with a lime or orange slice. It's delicious to sip on hot evenings or for pre-dinner drinks.
Variations and Substitutes
This is a great drink to add some flavors or tweak.
- Adding tonic water or ginger beer instead of club soda can offer a different spin on this tasty cocktail.
- Similarly, the classic Aperol spritz cocktail, with equal parts Prosecco and Aperol, plus a part of soda water, is delicious! You could sub Campari in and make it a Campari spritz.
- Try adding an extra dash of alcohol, like sweet vermouth.
- 2oz / 60ml Aperol
- 1 teaspoon / 5ml simple syrup
- 1 wedge of lime
- 3-4 oz / 90-120ml soda water
- Measure out the Aperol and simple syrup in an old-fashioned glass. Squeeze in a wedge of lime and add it in. Use a cocktail stirrer to mash up the lime into the Aperol.
- Fill the glass with plenty of ice. Top with soda water and stir it.
- Serve immediately, garnished with a lime or orange wheel.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 0gSugar: 23gProtein: 0g