This refreshing Ginger Beer Paloma is so flavorful, with fresh grapefruit juice, tequila, and bubbly ginger beer. It's a fantastic choice for a sunny day, Cinco de Mayo celebrations, or whenever you need a sparkling, refreshing cocktail.
I'm excited to bring you this refreshing Ginger Beer Paloma, a fun twist on the classic Paloma cocktail. Bursting with fresh grapefruit juice and zingy ginger beer, it's one of the best ginger beer cocktails to enjoy on a hot summer day.
Find the exact quantities for this Ginger Beer Paloma in the printable recipe card at the end of the post. Here's an overview of what you'll need.
- Fresh grapefruit juice. The staple citrus juice of any classic Paloma cocktail.
- Ginger beer. This adds a fiery kick that perfectly contrasts the citrusy grapefruit.
- Optional Fresh ginger. To further enhance the ginger flavor in your cocktail. You could also use a ginger simple syrup.
- Tequila. Choose a good-quality tequila blanco/ silver tequila.
- Fresh lime juice. This balances the spicy ginger beer and tart grapefruit flavors.
- Agave nectar or simple syrup. This lends a touch of sweetness, perfectly balancing the other flavors.
- Fresh fruit and mint for garnish, such as grapefruit slices or lime slices.
- Cocktail shaker. A must-have for any home bar.
- Highball glass or your preferred cocktail glass.
Begin by muddling the fresh ginger in your cocktail shaker to release its spicy juice. Add tequila, grapefruit, lime, and agave nectar or simple syrup and ice to the shaker.
Shake well to combine all the ingredients. Pour the liquid into a highball glass filled with ice and a slice of grapefruit.
Top off your cocktail with spicy ginger beer and gently stir with a cocktail stirrer to combine. Garnish with fresh mint leaves
- Strawberry Ginger Paloma. This adds a sweet touch. Muddle a handful of fresh strawberries in your cocktail shaker before adding the other ingredients.
- Mexican Mule.This variation takes inspiration from the classic Moscow Mule, swapping out the vodka for tequila and using ginger beer instead of ginger ale. Serve this in a copper mug, traditionally used for mules, to keep your drink cool during warmer months.
- Ginger Beer Paloma with Cranberry Juice. Replace half of the grapefruit juice with cranberry juice for a slightly sweeter and tangier version. The cranberry adds a festive twist, making this a great option for a holiday family dinner or next party.
- Ginger Ale Paloma. If you find ginger beer too spicy, swap it out for ginger ale in this variation. You'll still get that ginger flavor but with a softer edge.
- Ginger Beer Paloma Mocktail. For a non-alcoholic twist, substitute the tequila with a cup of water or club soda.
- 2oz / 60ml silver tequila
- 2oz / 60ml fresh grapefruit juice
- ½oz / 15ml lime juice
- 1 small slice fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup or agave
- Ginger beer for topping
- Begin by muddling the fresh ginger in your cocktail shaker to release its spicy juice.
- Add tequila, grapefruit, lime, and agave nectar or simple syrup and ice to the shaker. Shake well to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the liquid into a highball glass filled with ice and a slice of grapefruit.
- Top off your cocktail with spicy ginger beer and gently stir with a cocktail stirrer to combine.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 0g