As refreshing as its name suggests, this Electric lemonade promises a sweet and tangy experience perfect for a hot summer day.
The Electric Lemonade cocktail is an enticing blend of citruses and blue curaçao, giving it a distinctive blue hue and a burst of citrus flavor.
With vodka, lemon juice and sweet lemonade, this cocktail delivers a tangy kick balanced by the sweetness of the soda and the slightly bitter undertone of blue curaçao.
- Blue Curaçao: An essential part, this lends the drink its unique blue color and flavor.
- Vodka: Unflavored or citrus vodka can be used.
- Lemon Juice: Adds a tanginess to the cocktail to cut the sweetness. You could also use a sweet sour mix, making the cocktail much sweeter.
- Lemonade or lemon-lime soda: Adds a bubbly touch to the cocktail.
Combine vodka, blue curacao, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker along with ice.
Give it a good shake.
Fill a high ball or collins glass with ice, then strain in the cocktail. Top it off with lemon-lime soda.
You'll only need a splash of lemon lime soda if your glass isn't very tall.
Garnish with a lemon slice.
Variations and Substitutions
There are a few variations and substitutions you can play around with. You could replace lemon-lime soda with club soda or tonic water for a less sweet version. You can also opt for a party punch recipe by scaling the ingredients in this electric lemonade recipe.
More cocktail recipes
Looking for another easy cocktail recipe? Try one of these sweet drinks.
- 1 ½ oz / 45ml Vodka
- 1 oz / 30ml Blue Curacao
- 1oz / 30 ml lemon juice
- Lemon-lime soda to top
- A lemon slice to garnish
- Combine vodka, blue curacao, and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker along with ice. Give it a good shake.
- Fill a high ball or collins glass with ice, then strain in the cocktail. Top it off with lemon-lime soda.
- Garnish with a lemon slice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 0g