This Blue Lagoon mocktail recipe combines blue Curaçao syrup, a sweet syrup with a mild orange flavor. It's mixed with lemonade, lemon juice, and lots of ice to create a drink perfect for a hot summer day.
This blue mocktail is a non-alcoholic version of the classic Blue Lagoon cocktail. It makes a terrific colorful mocktail version for anyone to enjoy, especially those with a sweet tooth. There is the option to add in some non-alcoholic vodka if you like, though it's great without it too.
This recipe is made using blue Curaçao sugar syrup. This is a non-alcoholic syrup based on blue Curacao liqueur. This Caribbean liqueur has a delicate and sweet orange citrus flavor with a slightly bitter finish. It's made using the dried peel of the laraha citrus fruit.
This homemade version of the blue curacao syrup uses orange peel and pith instead. The bright blue color comes from blue food coloring.
You only need a handful of ingredients for this easy mocktail
- Non-alcoholic Blue Curacao syrup
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemonade (or sparkling water if you don't like sweeter drinks)
- Non-alcoholic vodka (Optional)
- Ice cubes
- Fresh cherry or maraschino cherry, and orange slices for garnish
See the recipe card for quantities.
- Tall glass / highball glass
- Cocktail umbrella
To make the blue lagoon mocktail, first prepare a tall glass and fill it with ice.
Add in 1oz of the blue Curaçao syrup and ½ oz lemon juice.
Then add 3oz lemonade. Stir the mixture until mixed in.
Add a straw, cherry and slice of orange to the rim of the glass.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Substitute the lemon with lime juice for a lime twist.
- The lemonade can be swapped for seven up for a more bitter finish. You could also use club soda water for a less sweet drink.
- Make a frozen version by blending the mixture. If it becomes too liquid, put the mixture into the freezer for an hour or so, then blitz again before serving.
- The blue Curaçao syrup could be swapped for another simple syrup such as a raspberry simple syrup or blueberry simple syrup, and add a little blue food dye to bring the beautiful blue color.
- You could make this into a slushie by blending the mixture with short pulses. If it becomes too liquid, then put the mixture into the freezer for an hour, then blitz again before serving.
More mocktail recipes
Perfect for the warmer months!
- 30ml / 1oz blue Curaçao syrup
- 30ml / 1oz non-alcoholic vodka (optional)
- 15ml / ½ oz lemon juice
- 90ml / 3 oz lemonade
- Cherry and orange slice for garnish
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Add in Curaça syrup and lemon juice. Pour over the lemonade.
- Stir and serve with a garnish of cherry and orange slice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 0g