This Pina Colada mocktail combines cream of coconut with pineapple juice and a touch of lemon. Fill with ice and add tropical garnishes.
A fusion of tropical pineapple and creamy coconut flavors, this virgin piña colada recipe is the perfect refreshing drink for hot summer days. It's a non-alcoholic drink that captures the vibrant essence of the classic piña colada and offers a fun and delicious twist. It offers the entire family an opportunity to enjoy it.
The key to this virgin cocktail is the use of cream of coconut, which is a sweetened concoction made from coconut milk and sugar. Its rich and creamy in texture. The concentrated delicious coconut flavor lends the mocktail a delightful tropical flavor.
To clarify, the cream of coconut differs from unsweetened coconut cream. If you can't find the cream of coconut near you (it's not usually at the grocery store), here is a recipe on how to make cream of coconut, which is featured on this blog.
Here are the simple ingredients required to make this virgin pina colada recipe. See the recipe card for quantities.
- Cream of coconut
- Pineapple juice
- Lemon juice
- Non-alcoholic white rum (optional but a delicious addition))
- For garnishes, fresh pineapple slices and a fresh or maraschino cherry work well to bring out that classic cocktail aesthetic.
- Ice cubes
- A cocktail shaker or a tall jar with a lid + a strainer
- Highball glass
- Cocktail umbrella
- High-speed blender if you want to make blended drinks.
Fill a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice.
Add the cream of coconut, pineapple juice, and lemon juice together. Add on the lid and give it a shake.
Pour it into a highball glass filled with ice. Garnish with a pineapple wedge, a straw, and a mini umbrella. Then enjoy!
If you're up for experimentation, consider blending the mixture in a good blender with frozen pineapple chunks or a frozen banana. This adds a creamy slushie texture.
Alternatively, add an ounce of blue curacao syrup and make a Blue Hawaiian mocktail instead
One side note - if you end up loving this recipe as much as we do, please consider leaving a star rating or a review. This helps us continue to bring you more delicious drinks.
More mocktail recipes
- 1 ½ oz (45 ml) Cream of Coconut
- 1 oz non-alcoholic rum (optional)
- ½ oz (15ml) lemon juice
- 3 oz (90ml) pineapple juice
- Fill a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice.
- Add the cream of coconut, pineapple juice, and lemon juice together. Add on the lid and give it a shake.
- Pour it into a highball glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge, a straw, and a mini umbrella. Then enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 592Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 33gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 9gSugar: 42gProtein: 4g