The Cranberry Gin Martini is a festive twist on a classic cocktail, combining the crisp gin botanicals with cranberry's tart sweetness.
A martini is an elegant cocktail that exudes sophistication and style. Traditionally composed of gin and vermouth. This festive cocktail takes a classic martini and adds a fruity twist. Perfect for the holiday season.
Here's what you need for this cranberry martini recipe. Find the amounts in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Dry Gin: A good quality gin like Bombay Sapphire or Grey Goose makes the base of this cocktail. The botanicals in gin add depth and complexity to our cranberry gin cocktail.
- Dry Vermouth: A staple in any classic martini, dry vermouth enhances the gin's herbal notes and balances the cranberry juice's tartness.
- Cranberry Juice: This tart juice adds vibrant color and tangy flavor, a perfect counterpoint to the dry gin. You can use sweetened or unsweetened cranberry juice. If it's unsweetened, add a teaspoon of standard simple syrup or agave syrup.
- Lemon peel: For garnish
- Martini glasses
- Cocktail shaker
Combine the gin, vermouth, and cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake until well chilled.
Strain the cocktail through a mesh strainer into a chilled martini glass or a chilled coupe glass. Garnish with a twist of lemon or fresh cranberries to add a festive touch.
- Cranberry Vodka Martini: Swap the gin with a good vodka.
- Cranberry Orange Martini: Add a ½ ounce of orange liqueur, like triple sec, and garnish with a twist of orange peel or a slice of orange.
- Ginger Cranberry Martini: Add a teaspoon of ginger syrup or ½ oz ginger liqueur.
- Cranberry sugared rim: Bring extra Christmas spirit and Add a sweet sugar rim around the glass by blending ½ cup sugar with a tablespoon of cranberries. Run a lemon wedge along the edge of the glasses and dip them in the sugar. Serve with a sprig of rosemary to bring some greenery.
More delicious recipes
Try these spins of classic cocktails for your next holiday gatherings or celebrations.
- 2 oz / 60ml London Dry Gin
- 1 ½ oz / 45ml Sweetened Cranberry Juice
- ½ oz / 15ml Dry Vermouth
- Twist of lemon peel for garnish
- Combine gin, cranberry juice, and vermouth in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon peel.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g