This espresso white Russian cocktail recipe is sweet, rich and perfect for coffee lovers. It's like a classic white Russian but with an extra shot of espresso coffee.
You don't need a cocktail shaker for this coffee drink, it's mixed with a stirrer.
A classic white russian cocktail is simple and delicious. Vodka and coffee liqueur over ice, topped with a splash of rich cream. It's similar to an espresso martini, except unlike those this cocktail has cream.
This version of this creamy cocktail has gone heavy on the coffee flavor by bringing in an extra shot of rich coffee. It's a perfect cocktail to enjoy at the end of the day.
Find the ingredient amounts for this coffee white Russian recipe written in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. Here is a rundown of what you will need.
- Vodka. Choose a decent kind as all cocktails are best made with high quality spirits.
- Coffee liqueur (like Khalua or Tia Maria)
- Espresso coffee, cooled or cold brew.
- Heavy cream. This gives the best flavor and creamy texture. Much more so than milk.
- Ice cubes
See the recipe card for quantities.
Fill an old fashioned glass (a short glass) with ice. Pour over an ounce vodka.
Pour over an ounce coffee liqueur.
Next, pour over an ounce of espresso coffee.
Finally, pour in heavy cream.
Hint: Make the espresso coffee in advance so it has time to cool before adding to the drink. This ensures it doesn't melt the ice and dilute the drink too much.
Use a cocktail stirrer or long-handled spoon to briskly stir the drink.
There are lots of variations of a white Russian.
- Blushin Russian - remove the espresso and add ½ an ounce of amaretto to create a blushin Russian cocktail.
- Blind Russian - Swap the coffee liqueur for Irish cream
- Mudslide - Add in Irish cream and double up on the heavy cream to create a mudslide cocktail.
- Espresso vodka martini - if you leave out the cream this becomes an espresso martini. If you remove the shot of coffee too it becomes a black Russian.
More cocktail recipes
Espresso White Russian
This espresso white Russian cocktail recipe is sweet, rich and perfect for coffee lovers.
- 1oz / 30ml vodka
- 1oz / 30ml Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
- 1oz / 30ml espresso coffee, cooled.
- ½ oz / 15ml heavy cream
- Fill an old-fashioned glass with ice.
- Pour over an ounce of vodka, coffee liqueur and espresso coffee. Give it a stir.
- Pour over the heavy cream and stir again to combine. Serve immediately.
Feel free to add more or less heavy cream according to your tastes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Leave a Reply