This creamy blushin Russian cocktail recipe is sweet and rich. It's a delightful twist on a classic white Russian - with added amaretto.
You don't need a cocktail shaker for this simple cocktail, it's made right in the glass you're serving in.
A classic White Russian cocktail is typically made with vodka, coffee liqueur, and heavy cream.
The Blushing Russian adds a fruity flavor profile by incorporating amaretto liqueur. This creates a rich and creamy cocktail with extra sweetness. For similarly flavored cocktails, check out this amaretto espresso martini, or this espresso white Russian (which has an extra coffee kick!)
Find the ingredient amounts for this blushin Russian recipe written in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. Here is a rundown of what you will need.
- Vodka. Choose a decent kind as all cocktails are best made with high quality spirits.
- Coffee liqueur (like Khalua or Tia Maria)
- Amaretto liqueur - Sweet and slightly bitter.
- Heavy cream. This gives the best flavor and creamy texture. Much more so than milk.
- Ice cubes
See the recipe card for quantities.
Fill an old-fashioned glass (a short glass) with ice. Pour over vodka, coffee liqueur and amaretto.
Pour over heavy cream.
The cream will sit at the top of the cocktail.
Use a cocktail stirrer or long-handled spoon to stir the drink briskly.
There are lots of variations of a white russian.
- Espresso white Russian - add ½ an ounce of cooled espresso coffee instead of the amaretto.
- Blind Russian - Omit the amaretto and swap the coffee liqueur for Irish cream
- Mudslide - Omit the amaretto and add in Irish cream. Double up on the heavy cream to create a mudslide cocktail.
More cocktail recipes
Blushin Russian Cocktail
The Blushin Russian cocktail is a delightful twist on the classic White Russian cocktail, with added amaretto.
- 1oz / 30ml vodka
- 1oz / 30ml Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
- ½ oz / 15ml Amaretto
- ½ oz / 15ml heavy cream
- Fill a short glass with ice.
- Pour over vodka, coffee liqueur and amaretto. Stir it with a cocktail stirrer or long-handled spoon
- Pour over heavy cream.
Stir the drink briskly and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 169Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 0g
Leave a Reply